PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding
The PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding provides financial support or subsidies to support Student members’ attendance at the PIBC Annual Conference each year.
Applications are now closed for the 2016 PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding. The 2016 application deadline was: Thursday, March 31, 2016. See below for more details about the funding.
Here you will find details about the criteria and application process for this annual funding opportunity.
- Amount: This funding shall be issued annually, normally in an amount up to three hundred dollars ($300) per recipient, or another amount as the Council may determine and budget annually. The amount for 2016 is: $200 per student, for up to three students from each eligible university planning programs.
- Number: This funding shall be issued to up to three (3) eligible recipients from each of the three Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Recognized Planning Schools and / or Programs in British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Eligibility: This funding shall be available to any PIBC Student member in good standing who is currently enrolled in one of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Recognized Planning Schools and / or Programs in British Columbia and the Yukon. Any Student member who is already a recipient of another Student Award or other financial support outlined in Administrative Policy 5.1 shall not be eligible for this funding during the same fiscal (calendar) year. Recipients of this funding may only receive this funding once during their tenure as a Student member of PIBC.
- Application: In order to be considered for this funding, interested eligible Student members must apply in writing to the Institute in full accordance with the application process and deadlines prescribed by the Institute. The application process normally takes place every spring, in advance of the PIBC Annual Conference - see below for further application details.
- Disbursement: This award shall be applied towards reimbursement of recipients’ travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses incurred in attending, participating in the PIBC Annual Conference & AGM (up to the amount prescribed) and shall be disbursed by PIBC following appropriate documented claim by the recipient. Successful funding recipients should be sure to keep all receipts and documentation from their travel, registration and accommodation expenses when attending the conference to ensure the claim can be made upon their return.
2016 PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding...
Applications are now closed for the 2016 PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding. The funding amount for this year was: $200 per successful applicant. Applications are received and evaluated on a first-come first-serve basis.
Completed applications should have been received by PIBC on or before the application deadline of: 4:00pm on Thursday, March 31, 2016.
More information about this year's conference, Planning Unfiltered in Kelowna, can be found at the conference website.
Application Deadline: 4:00pm on Thursday, March 31, 2016.
Tel: 604.696.5031 Toll Free: 1.866.696.5031
For more information in this section, please follow the links below: