PIBC Education & Student Affairs Committee Annual Student Fellowship Award
The PIBC Education & Student Affairs Committee Annual Student Fellowship Award provides funding to support Student members’ attendance at and participation in the PIBC’s Annual Conference, in order that they may present their academic work to professional colleagues and conference attendees as part of the program of the Annual Conference.
Applications for this award are now closed. The 2017 Annual Conference will be held May 30 - June 2, 2017 at the Prince George Civic Centre in Prince George, BC. More information about the upcoming conference can be found on our website here.
- Amount: This award shall be issued in an amount up to eight hundred dollars ($800) per recipient for 2017.
- Number: This award shall be issued to one (1) eligible recipient from each of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Recognized Planning Schools and/or Programs in British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Eligibility: This award shall be available to any Student member of the Institute in good standing who is currently enrolled in one of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Recognized Planning Schools and/or Programs in British Columbia and the Yukon. Any Student member who is already a recipient of another Student Award or other financial support outlined in this policy shall not be eligible for this award during the same fiscal (calendar) year. Recipients of this award may only receive this award once during their tenure as a Student member of the Institute.
- Application: In order to be considered for this award, interested eligible Student members must apply in writing to the Institute in full accordance with the application process and deadlines prescribed by the Institute, including providing: information about their academic achievements and areas of academic research; information about their proposed conference presentation; and any other information as may be required and / or requested. - see below for further application details.
- Selection: The selection of successful recipients of this award shall be made by the Institute’s Education & Student Affairs Committee, in consultation with the Annual Conference Committee, based on merit, taking into consideration the following criteria: Overall academic achievement; Quality of proposed conference presentation; Relevance of proposed conference presentation to the Annual Conference theme(s)
- Disbursement: This award shall be applied towards reimbursement of recipients’ travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses incurred in attending, and participating in the Institute’s Annual Conference (up to the amount prescribed) and shall be disbursed by the Institute following appropriate documented claim by the recipient. Successful award recipients will be registered to attend the Annual Conference & booked appropriate accommodations by PIBC directly. For other potentially reimbursable expenses, award recipents should be sure to keep all receipts and documentation from their expenses when attending the Annual Conference to ensure the claim can be made upon their return.
Tel: 604.696.5031 Toll Free: 1.866.696.5031
For more information in this section, please follow the links below: