City of Terrace
Situated on the Skeena River and nestled in the Coast Mountains, Terrace is a unique and vibrant community with a strong sense of culture and heritage. As the regional service centre for the Northwest, Terrace offers a number of amenities including shopping, educational and healthcare services, as well as unparalleled outdoor activities including world-class fishing, white water rafting thrills, cross-country and downhill skiing (with the ultimate in back-country experiences), golfing with beautiful mountain scenery at every hole, endless camping, hunting, hiking, and mountain bike trails, and much more.
The City of Terrace is currently looking for a qualified applicant to fill the position of Planner I with the Development Services Department. Under the direction of the City Planner and reporting to the Director of Development Services, the successful candidate will have experience working in a challenging and diverse planning environment, will possess a degree in Urban & Regional Planning (or related field), exemplary communication skills, and the skillset and vision to assist the community during this exciting period of economic growth and transition.
If you are excited about working with an outstanding team of motivated and friendly individuals and you share our values of integrity, teamwork, and community – join us today!
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Provide technical assistance and information to staff and the public including front counter interaction and answering public inquiries;
2. Confirm zoning and Official Community Plan land use designations;
3. Prepare public information and public outreach materials;
4. Attend public meetings, assisting other planning staff as appropriate;
5. Support in the development of planning studies and reports toward the development of new and updated plans, programs and regulations;
6. Undertake research and analysis for a variety of planning projects related to daily planning operations and the strategic planning process;
7. Compile, summarize, and prepare reports;
8. Prepare background information and reports and assist with planning projects;
9. Performs routine office tasks including data entry and file management;
10. Other duties, as required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
1. Two year diploma Planning Technologist or Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field;
2. Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) is preferred;
3. Knowledge of planning principles and practices;
4. Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and the public;
5. Computer skills including word processing and spread sheets, CAD and graphic software experience would be an asset;
6. Good written and oral communication skills; and
7. Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's Licence.
Job Specific Testing may form part of the interview/selection process. This is a regular full time Union position (CUPE Local 2012) with a 35 hour work week and offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
Forward applications to Briana Pellegrino, Human Resources Manager, City of Terrace, 3215 Eby Street, Terrace, B.C. V8G 2X8 Tel. (250) 638-4723 Fax (250) 638-4777 (or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please refer to Job Posting #07-2017 when submitting your resume.
The City of Terrace thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information in this section, please follow the links below: