Employer/Organization: City of Dawson
Closing: March 30th 2020 2:00 PM PST
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Community Development & Planning Officer performs a variety of community development and planning, economic development, and land administration functions. The successful candidate should be interested in a career in land-use planning, heritage management, or municipal administration. This role supervises the Planning & Development Assistant.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating the qualifications outlined below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide.
- Minimum of 3 years' professional experience in planning environment, preference to those with municipal planning experience;
- Diploma or degree in Urban and/or Regional Planning (other relevant areas of education may be considered);
- Minimum of 1 years’ supervisory experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Experience in negotiation, conflict management, mediation and problem solving;
- Ability to work independently and to act and respond with minimal direction;
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Planning Institute of British Columbia is an asset
- Experience in the following: Lands Viewer, GP, graphic design, and GIS.
Applicants able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
A job description is available upon request.
Closing Date: A current resume and cover letter must be received at the City of Dawson Administration Building by 2:00 pm on Monday, March 30, 2020. Applications to this position may be submitted by mail or email to the following:
Amanda King, Human Resources
PO Box 308
Dawson City, Yukon Y0B 1G0
Salary & Benefits: This is a Union position and is currently under review. Salary and benefits shall be in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Salary range of $70,043 - $84,053, plus benefits.
In accordance with the Collective Agreement, internal candidates will be given first consideration.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about our community and what we have to offer please visit our website at www.cityofdawson.ca.