Employer/Organization: City of Chilliwack
Closing: July 10th 2020 11:59 PM PST
Planner I (Full-Time)
Planning & Strategic Initiatives Department
The City of Chilliwack is home to more than 90,000 residents and offers a wide range of services to best serve the population. If you want to work for a supportive employer in a city with exceptional outdoor amenities minutes away, a bounty of farm-to-table options and a rich history, Chilliwack is the place for you.
As a rapidly growing municipality committed to quality service and a positive work environment, The Planning & Strategic Initiatives Department is seeking a talented professional who wants to make a difference in their community, to fill the position of Planner I.
Are you the one we're looking for?
The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Department through a variety of activities involving current planning, zoning, land use changes, urban design and various comprehensive planning projects. In addition to your excellent interpersonal skills, you are a highly motivated individual that is goal-oriented and can work efficiently with a varied workload. You are also a critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to problem solve and seek alternate solutions.
If you have the following knowledge, skills and abilities we encourage you to apply.
- A graduate of a post secondary program in urban planning/ geography is accompanied by a working knowledge of planning principles and legislation;
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's License;
- Sound knowledge and conversant with zoning standards, municipal bylaws, and other applicable regulations;
- You have the ability to prepare clear, concise reports as well as read and interpret engineering and architectural site plans;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials, developers, contractors, property owners and other members of staff.
The City of Chilliwack is proud to be a competitive employer offering opportunities for professional development, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, and a focus on corporate wellness.
How to Apply:
Job Title: Planner I
Competition Number: 2020-38
Closing Date: July 10, 2020
Visit jobs.chilliwack.com to apply for this or other positions.