Celebrating the Best in Planning
It is time again to recognize the best in planning in British Columbia and Yukon! The call for submissions for the PIBC 2021 Awards program is now open. This year, members can make submissions and nominations online for the following awards:
- Awards for Excellence in Planning (5 categories)
- Awards for Individual Achievement (3 categories)
- Honourary Member Submission
- Life Member Recognition
Don't miss these opportunities to celebrate the best in planning! To learn more about each award and how to submit online, please read on below.
2021 PIBC Awards for Excellence in Planning & Individual Achievement
The annual PIBC Awards recognize and reflect the diverse range of excellent planning work as well as the overall contributions & achievements of outstanding individual members, including young and new members of the profession.
Awards for Excellence in Planning categories:
- Research & New Directions in Planning
- Excellence in Policy Planning - Small Town & Rural Areas
- Excellence in Policy Planning - City & Urban Areas
- Excellence in Planning Practice - Small Town & Rural Areas
- Excellence in Planning Practice - City & Urban Areas
Awards for Individual Achievement categories:
- Distinguished Professional Contribution
- Leadership in Advocacy & Innovation
- Young Professional Leadership
PIBC 2021 Honourary & Life Member Recognitions
Do you know of a distinguished individual outside the planning profession who has contributed significantly to planning or to the Institute? Do you know of a highly accomplished, long-serving professional member of PIBC worthy of special distinction?
PIBC's Awards & Recognition Committee and Board are seeking your input and suggestions for two distinguished opportunities to recognize and honour both:
- Individuals outside of the Institute's membership who have contributed significantly to planning or to the Institute (Honourary Membership)
- Accomplished, long-serving professional members of the Institute worthy of special distinction (Life Member designation)
Submission Deadline: March 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm (Pacific)
Important Submission Information:
All award submissions and nominations must be submitted online. Prospective submitters are strongly encouraged to carefully review the complete Call for Submission documents and to have all supporting documents ready before making submissions online.