Employer/Organization: Urban Systems Ltd.
Closing: February 21st 2023 9:00 AM PST
We are looking for candidates with their own unique talents. If you don’t meet 100% of the preferred skills outlined in this job posting, tell us why you’d be a great fit for Urban Systems in your cover letter!
About the Opportunity
Our Edmonton branch is looking to add a capable and enthusiastic Community Consultant to our existing team of professionals. In this role, you will benefit from the support of industry professionals while working on exciting and challenging projects that make a visible difference in many communities. To support this work, we are looking to find a Community Consultant who is early in their career and looking to expand their knowledge and contribute their diverse research, analysis, and strategic thinking skills to support our team.
In addition to the unmatched learning and project experience you will receive, you can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Conducting research and analysis for varying types and sizes of projects
- Working with team members to design and produce deliverables including proposals, reports, memos, presentations, and other related documents
- Applying theory and provide workable solutions to strategic policy and housing plans
- Analyzing and interpret a variety of qualitative and quantitative data around markets, policy plans, and the economy
- Working with clients to define their challenges, formulate solutions, and develop a plan to implement those solutions
- Participating in discussions with clients about project scope, schedule, and budget
- Planning and facilitate workshops
- Supporting communication and engagement with various stakeholders
This opportunity is well suited for someone who demonstrates a commitment to continuous growth and learning with a minimum of 1 year of work experience. An education background in the fields of political science, business administration, economics, Indigenous studies, community development, engineering, planning, or other related majors, in addition to relevant experience, will be viewed as an asset.
In addition, the following attributes would be considered a great benefit to this role:
- You have a keen interest or direct experience in pursuing a career working with municipalities and Indigenous communities in Alberta
- You can work on multiple projects and thrive in a self-directed work environment
- You can work independently, but at the same time are a team player
- You take the initiative, are a problem solver, and consistently deliver high-quality work
- You are an excellent communicator with demonstrated proficiency in writing
- You enjoy public speaking and working with communities
- You practice active listening and enjoy working with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives
- You hold a valid class 5 driver’s license and can travel to project sites within Alberta
Urban Systems is an employee-owned interdisciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our mission to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 600 people with 15 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients, including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
We care for our communities and for our people. It’s our differences that make us exciting, and our shared belief in Urban Systems that binds us together. We’re searching for the creative and passionate and the curious and courageous to join us in creating meaningful and generational change in communities.
Our Commitment to You
Are you just getting started in your career? You're in the right place! Join our purpose-driven team today to build your career and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as a part of the Urban Systems team:
- Learn and Grow. Grow your career with Urban Systems! You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Competitive Compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental and vision care coverage, and more.
- Paid Time Off. We encourage all team members to take time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones. Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, interdisciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- You're in Good Company. Build relationships with a dynamic, accountable, and engaged team fueled by our shared purpose. Every branch facilitates connection with a series of events. Did someone say Donut Days, lunch & learns, team competitions, and more?!
- Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills, and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Please APPLY here: https://grnh.se/33c3b6bf3us
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 10:00 am MST
If you have individual needs or requirements and request assistance throughout the application process, please get in touch with our recruitment team by email at email@example.com so we can better support you.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities