PIBC Annual Student Fellowship Award
The PIBC Annual Student Fellowship Award normally provides funding to support Student members’ attendance at and participation in the PIBC’s Annual Conference in order that they may present their academic work to professional colleagues and conference attendees as part of the program of the Annual Conference. The 2021 Annual Conference, Planning North of Normal, will be hosted by the PIBC Yukon Chapter from Whitehorse, YT June 15-18, 2021. As this year’s conference will be held online, recipients of the Award will be granted a conference presentation opportunity as part of the program of the online conference, as well as complimentary registration to participate in the conference.
Click here to view the Student Fellowship Awards Presentations at the PIBC 2021 Annual Conference.
The Call for Applications for the 2021 Student Fellowship Award is now open and closes 4:00 pm Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
Completed applications must include the following:
- Completed application form (available here)
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member from your planning program, attesting to your overall academic achievement and the value of your candidacy for this award.
- A 500-700 word abstract outlining proposed conference presentation, and how it may relate to the upcoming PIBC Annual Conference.
- Completed application package submitted by the submission deadline to Kelly Chan, Member Services Coordinator
About the Annual Student Fellowship Award
This award shall be issued to one (1) eligible recipient from each of the Institute accredited university planning programs in British Columbia and Yukon.
This award shall be available to any Student member of the Institute in good standing who is currently enrolled in one of the Institute accredited university planning programs in British Columbia and Yukon. Any Student member who is already a recipient of another Student award or other financial support outlined in this policy shall not normally be eligible for this award during the same fiscal (calendar) year. Recipients of this award may only receive this award once during their tenure as a Student member of the Institute.
In order to be considered for this award, interested eligible Student members must apply in writing to the Institute in full accordance with the application process and deadlines prescribed by the Institute, including providing:
- information about their academic achievements and areas of academic research;
- information about their proposed conference presentation; and
- any other information as may be required and/or requested.
The selection of successful recipients of this award shall be made in consultation with the Annual Conference Committee, based on merit, taking into consideration the following criteria:
- overall academic achievement;
- quality of proposed conference presentation; and
- relevance of proposed conference presentation to the Annual Conference.
This award would normally be applied towards reimbursement of recipients’ travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses incurred in attending, and participating in the Institute’s Annual Conference (up to the amount prescribed) and would normally be disbursed by the Institute following appropriate documented claim by the recipient. Successful award recipients will be registered to participate in the Annual Conference.
Questions? Please e-mail Kelly Chan, Member Services Coordinator