Employer/Organization: CitySpaces Consulting
Closing: May 21st 2021 11:30 PM PST
CitySpaces Consulting is a leading provider of community planning, development consulting, and consultation services in communities throughout Western Canada. For more than 35 years, we have been committed to “building lasting, livable and inclusive communities” with a spotlight on social sustainability. We work with a variety of clients in the government, business, institutional, and non-profit sectors, and bring exceptional experience in managing projects from vision to completion. We are known for our professionalism, dedication, social ethic, and inclusive approaches.
With current commitments and emerging opportunities, CitySpaces is seeking a full-time Community Planner (Intermediate) to join our firm. We are looking for someone to be centrally involved in various planning projects. This position will be based in either our downtown Vancouver or Victoria office.
THE POSITION WILL INVOLVE
- Working as part of CitySpaces’ community planning team, leading a variety of planning projects such as: housing needs assessments, housing action plans/strategies, social needs assessments, childcare action plans, poverty reduction plans, social policy studies, land use planning, and special research studies.
- Undertaking diverse forms of research and analysis; writing concise policy; drafting recommendations, strategies and actions; creating and facilitating meaningful public and stakeholder engagement processes; and writing professional reports.
- Taking initiative in developing business opportunities including preparing proposals.
- Periodic travel to sites throughout Western Canada. Evening and weekend meetings are sometimes required (having a valid BC Driver’s Licence is beneficial).
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (strongly preferred), or a Candidate Member / eligibility for membership.
- University degree in planning or related field.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of employment in a community planning context, ideally including experience related to policy, housing and social planning.
- Familiarity with British Columbia’s Community Charter and Local Government Act.
- Familiarity with the Housing Needs Report Amendment Act would be considered an asset.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise reports, as well as efficiently and accurately analyze the quantitative and qualitative data that may be involved.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of public engagement and experience in planning and conducting stakeholder and public engagement processes.
- Experience working with various levels of governments, public/institutional agencies, non-profit organizations as well as vulnerable and diverse populations.
- Experience and/or familiarity with both urban and rural community contexts in BC.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with project team and clients.
- Strong verbal/written communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
PREFERRED WORKING STYLE
- Enjoy working within a collegial business environment that emphasizes high-quality performance and the ability to work independently, particularly under set timelines and budgets required to produce client deliverables.
- Proactive, positive, and creative problem solver and solution seeker.
- Friendly, collaborative team-player with a focus on productive outcomes.
- Working in a collaborative and collegial environment
- Supportive and inclusive workplace
- Salary commensurate to experience
- Extended health benefits package
- In-house mentorship, training, and continuing professional development
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- If so, please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21st, 2021
CitySpaces evaluates job applicants based on their merit, work experience, credentials and potential to carry out the job duties of the position. We do not discriminate against an applicants’ age, gender, sexual orientation, faith practice, ethnicity, socio-economic background, place of origin, family situation, or other characteristics. We welcome all applicants interested in the position to apply.