Employer/Organization: Peace River Regional District
Closing: October 9th 2020 4:00 PM PST
The Peace River Regional District invites applicants for the full-time position of Land Use Planner at our office in Fort St. John, BC. This position will be of interest to those seeking a planning career in a developing rural setting that is at the heart of BC’s energy resources sector.
Reporting to the General Manager of Development Services or designate, responsibilities include processing and review of development applications, report and mapping preparation, conducting public meetings, and responding to inquiries from the public, other staff, elected officials and government referrals. There will also be opportunity to conduct and assist with planning research projects and policy development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a post-secondary degree in planning or a related discipline and two years of related experience;
- eligibility for Planning Institute of B.C. (PIBC) membership;
- effective communication and inter-personal skills, using written and oral presentations;
- expertise in and knowledge of inter-agency liaisons including provincial, municipal and regional districts;
- word processing, data base and BC Online computer experience; and
- general introductory knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS).
Applicants should demonstrate a sound knowledge of planning practice and public processes. The position requires the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a variety of people.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with one hour for lunch.
The after probation rate of pay for this union position is $34.93/hr, plus benefits.
See the full job description or find out the application status of this posting and other employment opportunities with the PRRD by visiting: prrd.bc.ca/employment.