Employer/Organization: City of Maple Ridge
Closing: July 5th 2020 11:30 PM PST
Regular Full Time
Job Id: 20-072
Salary: $43.70 - $51.63 per hour
Closing: July 5, 2020
Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities, but it’s also one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talents to our organization to build our future, your career and your family in one of the most incredible natural settings in BC.
Your skills and talents are the essential element in helping our organization meet the challenges and opportunities of our community. This is a place where you can make a difference, serve your community with pride and professionalism and work with our elected representatives to turn their vision for our community into action. Are you ready to choose your own adventure?
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and committed planning professional to join the City’s Planning and Development team.
What is the scope of the work?
- Collection, analysis, assembly, interpretation and presentation of data, including the review of land development proposals;
- Process development-related applications of a residential, commercial and industrial nature;
- Write staff recommendation reports to Council and review various types of outside professional reports with a critical eye;
- Review, draft and make recommendations on the amendment of development-related bylaws and polices;
- Representing the Manager and Senior Planners at meetings as required;
- Coordinating development related initiatives;
- May supervise other technical or professional employees;
- Act as liaison between the Planning Department and various senior government officials and the public;
- Provide various groups, committees and Council with technical and professional expertise and guidance.
Interested? Great…..the ideal candidate will:
- Ideally you have 5 or more years’ of progressive experience in the planning field;
- University graduation in an appropriate discipline, plus a post graduate degree in Community or Regional Planning or other related areas, supplemented by professional planning experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Preferred Masters Degree in Planning or related Masters Degree;
- You will have a membership or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Comfortable in presenting to large or small groups.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Apply online at mapleridge.ca/2035 by July 5, 2020.