Employer/Organization: Cariboo Regional District
Closing: October 7th 2020 4:00 PM PST
The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) invites qualified applicants to apply for the full-time position of Senior Planner.
SUMMARY: The incumbent will be responsible for managing and leading long-range planning projects; the review and the rewrite of Official Community Plans and the development of special planning projects. Other components of this role also include the interpretation and application of bylaws, policies and guidelines, implementation of long-range planning initiatives, and data collection and analysis. For a detailed job description, please visit our website at www.cariboord.ca/careers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, or closely related field (Master’s Degree would be preferred)
- Certification with the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Experience working within a local government setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Experience in developing long-range and special planning projects
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with the public, elected officials, and stakeholders
- A dynamic and energetic leader to carry-out and facilitate group discussions at workshops, open houses and public meetings
- Effective public engagement methods and public speaking skills are essential
- Proficiency in graphic presentation and map making skills are necessary
- Must maintain a valid BC Driver’s license and the ability to travel in all weather conditions
WAGE: This is a full time BCGEU position. The current rate of pay is $41.63 per hour. A standard probation period will apply.
WORK SITE LOCATION: Cariboo Regional District Williams Lake Office located at, Suite D, 180 3rd Avenue North, Williams Lake, BC. Travel within the regional district will be required.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week, on occasion may work a non-standard schedule to accommodate the attendance of evening meetings or for presentations.
Applications from qualified individuals will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 pm, October 7, 2020 and must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and qualifications relative to the position.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bernice Crowe, Human Resources Advisor
Suite D - 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4
Phone: (250)392-3351 Fax: (250)392-2812