Closing: April 11th 2020 4:30 PM PST
TL Senior Planner, Partner Planning (20200027)
A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region's world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, you'll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live, built on transportation excellence. Put your future in motion!
Provides senior transportation planning expertise and leadership to projects of medium/higher scope in support of a designated program related to transportation policy, forecasting, or infrastructure / service development in an integrated, multi-modal environment.
- Contributes senior transportation planning expertise to development of program/project strategies, plans and tactics.
- Provides senior technical guidance, sharing the benefit of an advanced level of expertise with other planning professionals, while also providing leadership to designated projects.
- Develops advanced transportation planning, methods, techniques and models in support of designated project deliverables, ensuring compliance with department standards, policies and procedures.
- Contributes as a member of a program team, providing a senior level of transportation planning expertise, identifying and recommending action on planning and project risks and opportunities, based on analysis of transport data, trends, and issues. Alerts Manager to critical issues.
- Collaborates with leaders and professionals across the organization, with a view to optimizing planning services and project outcomes.
- Develops and manages relationships with stakeholders to understand needs, keeping them informed and resolving issues. Provides senior technical support and advice to municipal/provincial working teams and advisory committees.
- Oversees contractors and consultants, providing work direction and monitoring contract compliance.
- Provides technical guidance to other planning professionals, including involvement in development and performance management.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position are acquired through a Master’s degree in Planning, Engineering or a related discipline, plus four (4) years’ experience providing an advanced level of expertise and leading projects in an agency specializing in planning or transportation.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of transportation planning
- Sound knowledge of plans, products, roles and responsibilities of government agencies, NGOs and associations.
- Sound Leadership skills to provide a senior level of technical guidance and expertise to other transportation planning professionals and to lead projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to identify and assess impact of transportation planning and project-related risks and opportunities in an integrated, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to develop and deliver reports and presentations.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build trust by consulting with others and applying a team approach and negotiation skills as they pertain to contracts.
- Sound decision making skills to make recommendations/resolve transportation planning and project-related issues, and conflict resolution skills to mitigate and minimize project risks and issues.
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Sapperton, New Westminster
Number of Availabilities: 1
Salary: Starting at $76,228 per annum
How to Apply
Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers
TransLink is committed to employment equity.