Employer/Organization: City of Kelowna
Closing: December 2nd 2022 4:30 PM PST
Get moving in the city!
Join the Strategic Transportation Planning branch and help Kelowna reach its goals of doubling transit ridership, quadrupling the number of trips made by bike and reducing the amount of driving per person 20 per cent. This two-year term assignment will help support the implementation of Kelowna’s 2040 Transportation Master Plan, including:
- Supporting the management of Kelowna’s Micromobility Permit Program
- Providing input, analysis, and planning for transportation projects, including master plans, corridor studies, active transportation plans and neighbourhood plans
- Developing and leading Travel Demand Management programs and activities, such as education and encouragement events to promote biking, walking and transit option
- Preparing reports, delivering presentations, and participating in engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with the development, review and application of policies, procedures, and bylaws.
- University Degree in Planning or other related discipline with specialization in Transportation.
- Professional Credibility (Eligible for CIP membership and/or ITE)
- Project Management
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency in GIS
- Proficiency with survey design and data analysis
Help create Kelowna as a City of the Future. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly. Live, work and play in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. Kelowna boasts miles of lake access, public areas and outdoor recreation opportunities, a vibrant downtown and cultural scene, healthy and connected neighbourhoods, and a world-renowned College and University. You’re only a quick link to the world via the Kelowna International Airport.
Grow your career in an organization that supports employee work-life balance, career and professional development. This is a CUPE bargaining unit position with an hourly rate of $43.24 plus 14-17% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays. The position has a confirmed term of 2 years.
For further information or to apply, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers
Applications must be received by end of day December 2, 2022.
The City of Kelowna has a COVID vaccination policy that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and ongoing employment.