Each year the Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC) recognizes the best in planning in British Columbia and Yukon with its Awards Program. Members can make submissions online for the Awards for Excellence in Planning or nominate an individual for the Awards for Individual Achievement.
The annual Awards recognize and reflect the diverse range of excellent planning work as well as the overall contributions & achievements of outstanding individual members, including young and new members of the profession. The Award categories include:
Awards for Excellence in Planning:
- Research & New Directions in Planning
- Excellence in Policy Planning - Small Town & Rural Areas
- Excellence in Policy Planning - City & Urban Areas
- Excellence in Planning Practice - Small Town & Rural Areas
- Excellence in Planning Practice - City & Urban Areas
Awards for Individual Achievement:
- Distinguished Professional Contribution
- Leadership in Advocacy & Innovation
- Young Professional Leadership
EXTENDED - the submission deadline for the PIBC 2020 Awards Program is now March 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm (Pacific). (Updated March 23, 2020)
This year's winners will be announced and celebrated during the national conference - ELEVATION 2020 - held jointly with the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP). ELEVATION 2020 will take place from July 7th to 10th in Whistler, BC.
Questions? Please contact PIBC Member Services Coordinator Kelly Chan at email@example.com.