Winners for Excellence in Planning
We were excited to announce the winners of PIBC's annual Awards for Excellence in Planning! Due to COVID-19, the 2021 PIBC Award winners were announced online on Thursday, June 17th, during the PIBC 2021 Annual Conference – North of Normal (June 15-18).
It was with great pleasure that PIBC announced the following 2021 winners for Excellence in Planning in their respective categories. Click here to view the PIBC 2021 Awards for Excellence in Planning presentation.
AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN POLICY PLANNING - CITY & URBAN AREAS
- Gold: City of Victoria - Victoria Housing Strategy Phase Two 2019-2022
- Silver: City of North Vancouver - Safe Mobility Strategy
AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN PLANNING PRACTICE - CITY & URBAN AREAS
- Gold: Canada Lands Company, MST Development Corporation, & DIALOG – Heather Lands Rezoning Plan
- Silver: City of New Westminster - Municipal Regulations to Deter Renovictions
- Honourable Mention: City of New Westminster - New Westminster COVID-19 Pandemic Response: Transforming Planning Practice and Saving Lives
AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN POLICY PLANNING -SMALL TOWN & RURAL AREAS
- Gold: Salmo Valley Early Childhood Advisory Committee, C+S Planning Group, John Foster Planning, Splash:Design, & Licker GeoSpatial Consulting - Salmo Valley Child Care Inventory and Action Plan
- Silver: Thompson-Nicola Regional District - North Thompson Official Community Plan
- Honourable Mention: City of West Kelowna & Lanarc Consulting - West Kelowna's Community Vision, #OurWK a Vision to 2040
AWARDS FOR RESEARCH & NEW DIRECTIONS IN PLANNING
- Gold: Third Space Community Planning & Generation Squeeze - Regulating Short Term Rentals: A Toolkit for Canadian Local Governments
- Silver: Plassurban Consulting Inc - Child in the City: Planning Communities for Children and their Families
Congratulations to this year’s PIBC Award winners! Stay tuned for the video of the 2021 Awards Presentation on PIBC's YouTube channel and an article on the award-winning teams & projects in the upcoming Summer issue of Planning West magazine.