Sharpen your pencils! City of Kelowna Launches Infill Design Challenge 2.0
Timeline: August - October 2021
Have an idea for how to innovate and enhance Kelowna’s supply of infill housing? Fill the City in!
Building on the successes and lessons learned from the 2016 Infill Challenge, the City of Kelowna recently launched a second design competition for “missing middle” housing. The Infill Design Challenge 2.0 is seeking out fresh new ideas for infill on lots without rear-access laneways.
The grand prize winner will be awarded $10,000 and submissions will be judged based on how well they the meet the following community objectives:
See the competition webpage for more information. The competition is set to close in October.
- Competition launch: Summer 2021
- Submission deadline: November 29, 2021
- Technical review period: Fall 2021
- Jury review period: Fall 2021
- Winners announced: Late fall/early winter 2021