Employer/Organization: City of Coquitlam
Closing: June 14th 2021 11:55 PM PST
MANAGER POLICY AND BUSINESS SERVICES
Regular Full Time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam offers meaningful career opportunities to make a difference within the local community. As the sixth largest city in BC, we are home to more than 150,000 residents. Our diverse municipality is a great place to work as it continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre. We envision a bright future in Coquitlam that we hope includes you!
The City of Coquitlam is currently seeking an innovative and driven Manager, Policy and Business Services for our Parks, Recreation Culture and Facilities Department.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, Parks, Recreation Culture and Facilities, this position is responsible for providing overall leadership and management to the Policy and Business Services division of the department with a focus on business services and policy development. This division supports functions across the entire department in an effort to align goals and objectives to the strategic direction of the City. This position is responsible for collaborating with the management team in order to lead strategic master planning and business planning functions of the department as well as a range of reporting functions. The Manager Policy and Business Services also directly oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of the department’s programs and budgeting, as well as the coordination of the strategic plan and business plan priorities of the Parks Recreation Culture and Facilities department. Considerable independent leadership, innovation and judgment are required in managing, planning and organizing the key responsibilities of this role.
This exciting role requires a professional with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and community groups. The Manager Policy and Business Services is an integral part of a dynamic management team and holds responsibility for assisting the General Manager in the overall leadership of matters relating to policy and business services. This position plays a significant role in the development and leadership of section managers, supervisors and all staff across the department to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and a high level of engagement and commitment to the community we serve.
In addition to academic accreditation and professional qualifications in Business or Public Administration and/or another relevant discipline, you possess a minimum of 5 years of related leadership experience, preferably within a municipal or regional government setting. The high-level energy and the leadership demands of this position will be compensated with an attractive salary, excellent benefits and a great deal of job satisfaction.
Other Requirements include:
- Experience leading and directing staff on departmental strategies and business plan objectives.
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment centred around team focused, fast-paced workplace design.
- Experience working within or alongside municipal teams, other public sector organizations and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to serve as a focal point between multiple parties at the Council and executive level; and to provide strategic advice, counsel and guidance on critical issues that have community impacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, and liaise effectively with colleagues, members of the public and external agencies.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to interpret emerging issues.
- Strong financial management skills with the ability to manage operational budgets and expenditures for the division.
- Track record of success in promoting and maintaining a work environment which fosters and rewards teamwork, initiative, accountability, diversity and innovation
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the City.
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55pm June 14, 2021
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.