Employer/Organization: City of Port Moody
Closing: June 20th 2021 9:00 PM PST
Planning Assistant II
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Employment Group: CUPE Inside
Date Posted: June 3, 2021
Closing Date: June 20, 2021
Job Category: Planning
Branch/Location Office: City Hall
City: Port Moody
Province / State: British Columbia
Salary Range: $34.32 - $36.94/Hour
The City of Port Moody has an exciting opportunity for a Planning Assistant II to join the Planning Division for a temporary, full-time assignment up to one year in duration. Reporting to the Manager of Policy Planning, the Planning Assistant II will provide administrative and process support to the Planning Division. The position is customer service oriented, providing technical information and guidance to the public with respect to bylaws, policies, the official Community Plan, the Zoning Bylaw, development guidelines and all other development related application processes.
• Front line customer service related to zoning, OCP and development related processes and requirements
• Development application processing
• Coordinating Planning related notifications, data collection and development application tracking
• Coordinating Tree Protection Bylaw related authorizations and permits
• Conducting title searches and interpreting / researching legal notations on property titles
• Documentation support related to Land Title processes
• Planning related research to support the Division as required
• Support to Building, Bylaw and Licensing Division as required
• University degree in Geography or related discipline, supplemented by relevant technical courses; Post-degree Diploma in Applied Planning is preferred
• Some municipal planning experience is preferred
• Knowledge of the development process, including rezoning and subdivision processes
• Knowledge of the Official Community Plan and the Zoning Bylaw
• Understanding of legislative requirements related to Public Hearings, and other development approval processes
• Experience or knowledge of the Land Title registration process for development related approvals
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office as well as graphics software (Illustrator, Acrobat Pro); Preference will be given to those with GIS and Tempest experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Information Check and satisfactory Driver's Abstract.
Please APPLY here: www.portmoody.ca/careers
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.