Employer/Organization: VIA Architecture
Closing: June 26th 2021 5:00 PM PST
Senior Urban Designer/ Project Manager – Vancouver BC
Our cities are growing rapidly, and the ways we move through them are quickly evolving. VIA is committed to being at the forefront of these innovations. We provide meaningful place-based solutions to large-scale infrastructure, contributing to urban design, architecture and planning for a broad variety of public sector clients on the West Coast.
VIA is a strategic architectural and planning firm, highly networked across offices in Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco Bay Area regions. Our studios focus on designing, delivering and advising our clients on how to achieve the highest quality urban infrastructure – from the streets, bridges and transit systems that connect us, to the buildings and spaces between.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Senior Urban Designer/Project Manager in our downtown Vancouver BC office. This position would work on a variety of large-scale projects, designing for the human experience around transit and transportation of all modes, on corridors, and related transit-oriented development. We see this position as an opportunity to manage and design in a variety of contexts while advancing practice leadership skills and responsibilities.
We are interested in exceptional candidates with strong analytical and communication skills who are passionate about community building at all scales. This person will work within our multidisciplinary team to coordinate civic, transit, bridge, and other public sector projects.
- 20 years of experience in built environments – public or private sector
- Masters in Architecture, Urban Design or Planning
Key Skills Requirements
- Large-scale public project delivery experience, with a sophisticated understanding of the Metro Vancouver built environment a plus
- Public Engagement experience
- Demonstrable business development success
- Experience in a variety of contract arrangements – and participating in collaborative work with multi-disciplinary design teams, including integrated project delivery
- Able to multi-task – including advancing internal project teams on design tasks, and tracking project scopes
- Comfortable when working with clients and extended teams in workshop settings
- Fluency with various software programs – such as Adobe Suites, Rhino, Sketchup, ESRI GIS
- Managing teams
- Excellent communications, possessing demonstrated skill in the execution of politically, technically or operationally complex projects, ideally including construction administration.
How to Apply
VIA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual-orientation or gender-identity. At VIA we strive to make equity, diversity and inclusion an intentional and explicit part of our culture; and create a safe space for all staff to learn, grow, and succeed.
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format (no more than 2MB please).
Email with “Senior Urban Designer/Project Manager” in subject-line.
Send “Attention Lauren Hamilton to email@example.com
No phone calls or office visits please.
For more information about VIA Architecture, please visit our website at www.via-architecture.com.
Salary range: $110,000 to $175,000 CAD commensurate with qualifications and experience.